Earlier this week Anteo announced that their products have been accepted by Sigma Aldrich.
From Wiki :
"Sigma-Aldrich Corporation is an American life science and high technology company with over 9,600 employees and operations in 40 countries. Its chemical and biochemical products and kits are used in scientific research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development, the diagnosis of disease, and as key components in high technology manufacturing. In 2014, a plan was announced whereby Merck KGaA would purchase the company. This was achieved on the 13th of july, 2015, day in which Sigma-Aldrich informed its customers of the company acquisition by Merck KGaA. "
- In 2014 it was announced that Sigma Aldrich was being acquired by MERCK KGaa for $17b USD
See below a video which shows the scope of this partnership - one of my points I took from this was how the Sigma e-commerce platform is regarded and that the site gets 70m visitors each year and has a global customer base of over 1.4 million scientists and technologists.
When Anteo announces news it is always interesting to go back and read previous announcements and see what was said about the partnership :
January 2015 – Anteo Quarterly
“Global Life Science Company - has been assessing Mix&Go for a variety of applications over several years. Their technical appraisal has now been satisfactorily completed and it was broader than we initially anticipated. They were impressed with the outcomes to the extent that they have indicated a desire to utilize Mix&Go as a “platform technology” for incorporation into a number of their proprietary products. Further, a welcome additional outcome is they want to include Anteo’s AMG Mix&Go products into their highly respected catalogue”
April 2014 – Anteo Quarterly
“A reprioritisation, caused by an internal restructure at a US Life Science and Diagnostic Company, has put our project on hold”
“Commercial discussions for the supply of activated Mix&Go particles, to be used in bioseparations, were undertaken with a global Life Science Research company.”
- This is validation for the AMG products and when you read the previous announcements leading up to the SIGMA outing you realise that there is more to come with this one.
- The following is important to note
"They were impressed with the outcomes to the extent that they have indicated a desire to utilize Mix&Go as a “platform technology” for incorporation into a number of their proprietary products. "
- Also that the work they were interested in is for BIOSEPARATIONS - We know that Anteo has the processes to make BIOSEPARATIONS much easier and up to 100 times cheaper.
- Worth noting that SIGMA is interested in utilizing Anteo's AMG technology into a platform technology - If these are proprietary bioseparations products and MERCK has access than this has the potential to be very large if things go well.
So to finish - A great announcement and the snowball is starting to roll and again great timing for the AACC 2015 meeting.
DISCLOSURE : THE AUTHOR HOLDS SHARES IN THIS COMPANY. THIS RESEARCH IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION TO BUY OR SELL SHARES IN THIS COMPANY. THE AUTHOR MAY AT ANY TIME BUY OR SELL SHARES WITHOUT NOTICE. PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH